Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Good morning. I took Mollie to work, she had wrecked her bike and it is in the shop. She said that last week was the best week of her life. She said she was sad I didn't get to do more with them. Before Mike died I would have been there most of the week. That makes me so sad. She said she wished I could have heard the stories of what God had done. She shares some. But it is not like being there. I keep thinking just keep going Peg it will be over soon. Really? No it won't be. I am missing him really bad. He would just love what I have done and the vegetable garden. He would have freaked to have me bring in fresh broccoli. Trying to see the good. If he would have been here I wouldn't have done all this. I would be doing the things I did as a wife, he would be working all the time and Iwouldn't have had time to do it. It would be just now in our lives that we would be doing the things we planned on. Just MOllie home, and the boys gone. No more games and running. I LOVED the running and games and kids here but now is the time that we planned on. I encourage you if you are at this point in your life for goodness sake make that time to do things with just your spouse. None of you know how long you will get to have him or her. I have clients all the time that are waiting for the retirement to do things. Don't take the little trips, hikes, camping.
Samuels Apple that he couldn't use at the Engineering Dept is now mine. That is why I am selling the desk one. Tell me if you know anybody. Anyway, I had bought him the $100 private classes with an apple person once a week for a year. I am now using it. Oh my goodness I have learned so much. I love this laptop. I hated being stuck in the office. If you know me will it was like being in a straight jacket. Now my quicken, everything is where I can go to the porch. (where I am right now with my coffee, listening to the water fall.) I am able to make myself get on more.
Funny how God is so gentle with us teaching us new things. I actually am liking all this. I use the laptop in the shop to make new appointments and then automatically it goes onto the phone appt. calendar, YEAH!!!!!!! I mean how great is that? No more syncing. Oh I hated that. I found out really I wasn't syncing anyway. It just said it was done and it really wasn't on there. I don't know what I would have done without Dave my brother in law. I was at the end of functioning, thought all of the calendar was lost. He worked and worked, and now I have it all. (I am still a little paranoid at dropping it.)
God sent me Hannah for this time to adjust to very little going on here. Kids are gone. I don't see the two older boys hardly at all. Samuel is camping, and Mollie works during the day and does her thing in the evening.
We are having a dinner on Thurs to be together on the anniversary.
More pictures.

1 comment:

Jina Hinson said...

Peggy,

I have had you and your family on my heart lately, knowing that the 2 year anniversary is coming up this week, and have been praying for you all.

I have so appreciated having a window into your life via the blog and the honesty with which you share all the joys and sorrows of your day to day. I feel honored to be allowed to do so. Thank you!

I am so grateful to have known Mike, and to know you and your children. I am encouraged by your persistent faith, in the midst of heartache. It is such a witness to me. To be able to bless the Lord while walking a road that you wouldn't have chosen speaks volumes to me, Peggy. I love you and pray God's continued love be poured out on you and your children!