Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The weekend was so good. When I have a Monday off and work sunday I get so confused to what day it is. We leave at 5:00 am on Friday to get to Lawrence . I wanted to go by Thurs night so I could spend the whole day with my sisters but the kids have to work so that is when we can get away. Mollie got to get a final changed so she can go on Friday too. Hannah and Trevor are coming on Friday night. I just am loving Hannah here. It is so wonderful to wake to an adult. Work out and have coffee. She is good to share God with, she loves him and it is contagious. I have been so sad lately and it is good to feel better.
Sweet friend Kathy started radiation and the doctors said the cancer could pop up in other parts of the brain. It is all new. They have not had a case like hers.
Fred and Jane's dear friends Olan and Zella the ones they camp with, she died on Sunday , Fred got a call on the way home and was able to get to be with Olan. God is good to give us friends who have been there.
I have been given friends who know what it is like to have a broken family and it is so refreshing to be real.
I had someone come up to me at the graduation party and ask why would I be crying this is a happy occasion. Like DUH! I know nothing was meant but that gets really weary, I am telling you.
I read this in my devotional book,
"The only antidote to this poisonous threat is drawing closer to Me. In My presence you can face uncertainty with perfect Peace."

Then John 16:33 "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the world." That for me is good news.
Emily gets to come in from Nigeria, I am so grateful she gets to be here. Martha and Wes, Jesse and his new bride Megan, and all the rest fo the cousins. The little ones don't get to come. An awful long drive for a day or so.
Have a beautiful day. Don't you love the pictures of Samuel. He is so cute. Can't believe he will be gone. It has been so nice to know he is here. When I came home after him, I like that he is here and knowing he will be home is good. Will be so weird when he goes to college.
I am getting Mollie to start driving this summer so she will be able to drive herself next year to school.
Love to you!!!

1 comment:

Jina Hinson said...

Peggy, Where is Samuel going to college? He is SO tall!! I think he's continued to grow all his senior year!!

Love to you!