Thursday, July 16, 2009

I have the best God story. Yesterday I was making a slide show of the last five years, just doing select all and then show. While I was doing hair I about fainted. I heard Mike's voice, I turned around to the longest video of Mike and three of the kids at the beach. It was after his chemo before his liver surgery. Playing in the sand, it started out where he had buried Mollie in the sadn and was just sitting there watching her trying to get out. So precious. She was just 12 and looked so happy about life. Had no idea what all was coming. The two lady's in the shop were perfect, we just stared.
Cara had flowers delivered today, they were here by 8, couldn'y have asked for a better start to a morning. Debbie is bringing dinner. I was struggling with getting to the store and all the kids and their girlfriends, hannah and trev, Hannah is extremely helpful. But now I just have to work today. I was so grateful to God for giving me the movie of Mike. You kept thinking oh now he will be home anytime. So weird our brain.
Hanny said she didn't know what to say, happy aniversary or sad aniversary. I sid happy for sure. I was so grateful he got to die. Today two years ago around 1:00 is when he died. Precious man, the love of my life.

2 comments:

Jina Hinson said...

Remembering your family today.

I love you!

Unknown said...

Wow. I just got shivers thinking about you hearing his voice. How strange that we will never get to hear it in person again. Man, I always think about how I would have loved for him to meet baby Jude. Would he have enjoyed him so much or what? Your sweet grandbaby is so lucky to have you and will grow up knowing how wonderful his grandpa was. It won't be the same, I know, but we will tell that baby over and over just how much he would have loved being a papa. I miss him.
Tears are pouring down my face. Love you. Meg