Thursday, November 12, 2009

Donna, I still can't get my email up. I have struggled not being able to communicate with you. Grateful Mary Beth has written to you for me. I love you and look so forward to Glenn getting to know you and Ed and the kids.

Good morning, much has been going on. The crazies and the great. My computer and internet has been on the blink. It makes me nuts because Mollie's is working.
I had tension with a lump I found on my right breast, when I went in they were concerned with the left. Much testing done the then the procedures to have done on each breast. Also I have a tumor on the adrenal gland. Anyway all is good. Praise, by personality I think all the way through to the worst scenario then resolve with God ok I know you can help me do this so ok. Then I back back up to the today. The journey in my mind was exhausting. For the kids I know it was tough. They were awesome. So laying on the sofa Tues before the procedures Glenn kneels down and says sweet things, He usually does so I didn't right off get what he was doing. He said if the tests come out negative he wouldn't want me to ever wonder would he have asked me if they had been positive. He asked me to marry him. Boobs or no boobs, cancer or no cancer he was in for our lives. I said yes cried and was so very grateful that GOd had given to him to me.
He is an incredible man. Harold, Sharon and Fred like him, for that I was then at peace about. The big guys said they were really happy for me congrats and that he is a good man. Mollie has struggled. Samuel hasn't said much. I can't imagine what they are going through to see me with him. Glenn is the one who keeps reminding me how hurt MOllie is for a man to be in our house. He has such a tender heart.
I will tell a funny, Fred asked me if I had Really told Glenn about me. I said I tried and that he is just too in love and can't hear. Fred said maybe I should talk to him. I said no way I didn't need any favors. He was talking about my energy etc. I sure other things also. I laughed so hard.
Glen and I took tests on the computer that our pre-marriage counselor sent us. It took literally a few hours to fill out. We each did it on our own and then send it in. We were like rock stars even our counselor was amazed. Now our counselor is a friend of MIke and mine for more then twenty five years. Every once in while I see his eyes twinkle with laughter that Glenn has not idea what he is getting into. He has not been married for a very long time. He has one son who lives with his mother he is 19 and a great guy. We meet with Steve after our bible study on Wed nights for an hour, I am so thankful for this time. To work on our marriage is so important to me. I am really scared have anxiety every once in a while like I cant believe I am doing this. It is so different choosing a mate in the later years. I want someone to grow old with like the same things and who wants to love grand-babies (did It again I am to be a Nanna in like 4 weeks) He has his own big vegetable garden knows how to can, cooks and can fix anything. (ok he reads manuals) He loves to talk and tell stories, and is a wonderful servant. He is a union welder and will have to commute 45 minutes. He has worked with this company for 21 years.
We are getting married the 6th of February. 12 weeks away. I thought we should just go to the justice of the peace. He said he wanted me to come down the isle to him. Also thought it is good for the kids to see us have this so special, its all special and a commitment no matter what your age. Hasn't taken me long to get on board I love a good party. Both of our families will make a good evening. I texted Jesse my nephew and he wrote me back that he was so happy for me and it would have to be something huge for him not to be there. I will love all of them also seeing Michael's baby. He and Cara are doing really well. I adore Glenn's mom. Her faith reminds me of my mother so much. It is so good for me to be around her. I miss Mom Hope so much and my mother has been gone for so long. I like her husband of 31 years also. Glenn's dad live just two blocks from his house. The work on things together and have a good relationship. His dad taught him how to fix so many things. If it is fixable why ever get a new one. (clearly that will be a problem with us) but workable.
Don't know what else to say, I am very happy and so in love, I wonder how in the world I get to be in love twice. That GOd would give me someone so wonderful for the first 25 years of life and now I get to start a new life with another great man. I just say thank you and don't have to get why I am so blessed.
Kiss hug love on those you love, I am continually reminded how precious life is.

Brandon was at the restaurant he works at when a man had a hear attack, it was absolutely horrible, Brandon said he so know what it looks like for life to leave a person and he said he knew right when it happened. People tried to revive him. He was dead when ambulance got there. Bless their hearts. Michael was there too. They are both going to go and learn cpr. They felt like if people had known how to do it right maybe he would have lived. All of that going on when I was waiting.
We are constantly being reminded that life if so very fragile.

I am so grateful for you friends that have been on this journey of life and death and now love, thank you so much.

3 comments:

Aims said...

Pegs~ SOOOOO happy for you!! I know you're not supposed to congratulate the bride, only the groom, but I want to say congrats anyway. I love to see you happy and know God loves it too. Your faithfulness has been a constant in my life... I love having people around me that I want to emulate and be like... REAL people who struggle and despair and hope and feel joy and love. You are one of those people to me. I love you! ~Amy

Jina Hinson said...

Many blessings to you and Glenn, Peggy! Thank you for sharing your joy with us! Much love to you!!

Jo Shnell said...

Oh, Peggy! Doris just wrote today that she was so happy that you're getting married. I had lost track of your blog and had no idea! I told Don I'd better call Doria and see what's happening and he said, "Just read her blog." Duh. The Shnells are so smart! So, I just ran and caught up on your blog between folks coming and going. This is the Shnell house, you know, and it's Thanksgiving! Davy and his family were here earlier and then Trish and her family came in tonight. Gretta is going to Gina's house tomorrow and we're all missing Jeff and the rest of you all! But, this house is throbbing with life like it should.

I'm so happy for you to be getting married. The only thing I hate is that Don and I will be in Hawaii in February, so we can't come to the wedding. I promise you that we'll be with you in spirit, though! We are so very, very happy for you, though, and we wish you ALL the very best.

I thank God that all your tests are good, the best I understand! Whew! PTL!

I'm going to do a better job of watching your blog; I've got to keep an eye out for that new grandbaby! Our lives seem to go in such a spin.

We love you gobs and are so happy for you,

Aunt Jo and Uncle Donny