Monday, June 8, 2009

I had mentioned my niece Hannah living with us this summer. Well it is absolutely the greatest thing ever. It is so wonderful to wake up with an adult and we make coffee and then make breakfast, and a few of the mornings we work out together. I feel like sometimes she is the mature one. Such a fun person. Ok I am still in shock over this one. At dinner time she asked me if I was hungry, (that was shocking enough) then she said what would you like? Really? Are you kidding me. I don't even know if I have been asked that in our family. Mike wasn't the cook type guy, and I dont' think the kids have ever thought that sentence. She made dinner, brought me a glass of wine. She picked oregano and basil from the garden and used fresh vegetables, she made the suace from scratch. She then said oh we can eat it in the living room I'll just bring it to you guys. Mollie and I were watching the Jonas Brothers show. I know my mouth was hanging open. Do you want something to eat are you hungry? Really!!!
Today we went to Cosco and got some of the stuff for the shower we are having for the Hayes family. When we got home, I had problems with the gutters with the last storm we had a few days ago. The tree limbs are touching the roof and I hadn't cut them yet. She got out the ladder and got on the roof and cut on the limbs and dug out the gutters. I am actually afraid to get up there. Mike had put me up there to help with something when I was pretty pregnant and I had a fear freeze and couldn't get myself off the ladder. Weird I know, it was so great to get it done. I then went to work. Trevor had stopped by and Hannah is sick, temp soar throat, she is down for the count. I have been digging on my pond. Mike had drilled me a big rock for the pond and said someday I would get it done. I love that he the rock, I dug for two days with a college friend. My arms were so soar. Then it stormed and I was out there this am making the cover stay on. I can see it all in my brain. It has been there for a long time. I could sit out on the porch and pretend hearing it. Also my girlfriend is giving my her baby coix, so it needs to get going. I have the pump from another water thing we had. It will be so gorgeous. A relaxing paradise to me.
I leave for a day and a half to go with Samuel to college for a orientation type thing. I will get to meet with the finance department. Oh yeah paper work. I say often so I hear it I am so good at paper work it is just not a problem for me. I have been home bound recently on my own liking to be there doing piddly things.
I sometimes can't stop thinking of my friend Kathy, hating her having to go through radiation. She has a good attitude, knows God is faithful.
Life is so short you really have to relish the moment don't you?

No comments: